Before proceeding to create the schedule of your project, certain general settings for your project should be established. Of course these options can be anytime changed during the planning phase of the project, but it is recommended being set from the beginning.
Among these it can be mentioned:
1. Date format: this option helps you to specify the order of day/month/year components of a date. Once a date format is selected, all the date values from your project will be displayed according to it. You can choose among various date formats. The default date format will be the one used by your system.
This option can be set from the View Only section of Options dialog, which can be accessed from File menu:
2. Currency: allows you to set different options (Currency name, Symbol, Decimal digits and Placement) for displaying the currency values in your project. This will have an impact on how cost values are shown in different views. From the drop-down list several currency names are available and according to it the symbol value is set. It can be found in the Settings section of Options dialog.
3. Show project summary task: when checking this option, the project summary task from your project is displayed. The project summary task summarizes the duration, work, and costs of all tasks in a project. The project summary task appears at the top of the project, its ID number is 0 and it presents the project's timeline from start to finish. This option can be found in the Settings section of Options dialog.
4. Default task types: using this option you can set the default task type for the tasks that will be inserted in your project. You can choose among three values: fixed duration, fixed units and fixed work. This option is available in the Schedule section of Options dialog.
5. Language: using the Select Language option you can set the current language of the application. The Select Language option can be found under Format menu or in the General section of Options dialog. Thus, you may change the active language of the application by selecting a language from the displayed combo box. Currently there are available the following languages: Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
6. Fonts: this option helps you to change the text style for different items in your project. You can highlight categories of tasks (i.e. noncritical tasks, critical tasks, summary tasks, milestone tasks, project summary tasks), or you may want to format a Gantt Chart view to quickly identify specific tasks. This setting is available in the Text Styles dialog. As can be seen below, for the items to change you can specify font name, font style, font size, color and background color.
The default calendar used in Project Plan 365 is the standard one, that assumes that a people work from Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. However, from the Calendar section of Options dialog you can change this and choose among two other options: Night Shift and 24 Hours. Also you can specify other calendar related options from the Schedule section of Options dialog.
1. Open Project Plan 365 for PC/Server application, which is available on this website: www.projectplan365.com. For any questions and for contact purpose, use this email address: email@example.com.
2. From the same Options dialog, available under File → Options menu, select USD as the currency name, which is the default value for currency.
3. From the Format → Text Styles menu, for Items to change select All, Tahoma font and for size 10.