Now that you finished creating the schedule of your project, you can save it on your desired destination location to be permanently stored. Later on, if you change your mind and decide that further additions or changes in the project plan may be required, you can open it and perform the necessary changes and save it again.
With Project Plan 365 you can save your project plan either on your local device (Computer) or in a cloud location (SharePoint Online, Box, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and BaseCamp).
Under the File menu, there are two options related with saving:
Save option you can save the current file, in the current format.
You can use this option only if the file is associated with a location on Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive or SharePoint. Use
Save As option instead.
The Save option can be accessed from the File Menu (File → Save).
Project Plan 365 allows you to save MPP files on Computer. You may save the MPP files by performing the following steps:
- Go to the File menu, then click
Save As and choose Computer option
- If this is the first time that you are saving the project, type a name for it in the File name box
- Click Save, then select Save or Save as to select a location to save the file
You can also save your project plan on a
cloud location, using the
Save As option under File menu.
- First you will need to sign in with your account for that cloud. This step will be skipped automatically if the user is already authenticated
- Permit to the Project Plan 365 application to connect to the required services
- Type a name for it in the File name box, and press Save
- Or select any file from list to save over an existing project file
1. Save the project plan created during the
Lab 5 - Formatting, using the Save As option. Choose to save the file in a desired folder on your computer and specify a name for the file to be saved (e.g. CommercialConstruction_lesson6).
2. Save the project plan created during
Lab 5 - Formatting
using the Save As option. Choose to save the file in a cloud location (e.g. Google Drive).
A sign in page will appear where you must enter the required credentials (email and password) for authentication step to the cloud:
Permit the Project Plan 365 application to access the required rights. Click on Allow button:
A Google Drive - Save As dialog will appear, in which will be listed all the folders and mpp files you have on your Google Drive account. Choose CommercialConstruction_lesson6 as name for the file to be saved in the folder called "Shared folder" on Google Drive and click on Save button.